Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

ABT Newbie

NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,127
edited August 2012 in Appetizers
Well, here we go! I stuffed them with Italian sausage, chorizo, scallions, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, cream & goats cheese. I'll keep you posted! ABTs aka Jalapeño Poppers
I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,821
    Well.... If you're going to do something, I guess you might as well do it big. Way to go Kristi. I like to stuff mine ABT's with wild game organ meat. Like cut up heart and liver from a deer or hog. 

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,460
    edited August 2012
    And us pedestrians are happy with whatever we can find in the fridge-but no matter, they always taste great.  Go large or go home!  (I'm headed home:))
    Louisville
    ·
  • OutcastOutcast Posts: 112
    With a blend like that, how can it go wrong?  Looks great N.I.

@travisstrick, that sounds like a great idea, I'm adding that to the list when the season opens up. 

I haven't found anything yet that hasn't been good in a jalapeno wrapped with bacon.  lol
    ·
  • anezanez Posts: 121
    do you guys brown the meat before putting it in the abt? dumb question?
    ·
  • There aren't any dumb questions... ;) I browned the sausage and then mixed it in with the softened cheese mixture: ABTs aka Jalapeño Poppers
    ·
  • anezanez Posts: 121
    thanks! yours looked great. 'bout to throw my first ones on the egg. 
    ·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    do you have pictures of the finished product?
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • Yes! Looks great.
    ·
  • @Alton -- I don't have a pic.  Since this was my first time making them, we couldn't wait to try them.  I know, bad food blogger moment. 
    I cooked these direct with a raised grid but I do them indirect now. 
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091

They look great Kristi...try ABT dip...it is easier and you can do many variations...

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=68&func=detail&id=1158

·
  • AltonAlton Posts: 432
    @necessaryindulg I tried your ABT'S and they tasted awesom. But they fell apart on the grill. I foun them sticking and tearing apart. What did I do wrong???
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • I'm not sure, but that stinks. :(   Did you use bacon & secure with a toothpick?  It shouldn't have stuck if it was seared/crisp?  Weird ... do you have any pictures?  
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    I would have liked to have seen the finished pics but hey look good enough to eat raw. Thanks for sharing.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·