Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Let's get it on!

brycosbrycos Posts: 137
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Actually got it on already.  My first briset.  My wife is pretty doubtful that it will turn out right but I told her it would be alright 'cause I got a real-live Texan telling me how to do it. 
·

Comments

• Good luck!
    Green Eggin' in Lafayette, Louisiana
    ·
  • brycosbrycos Posts: 137
    3 hrs in and it's at 139.  That seems a little high.  The dome is reading 275.
    ·
  • Its normal. Mine always jumps to 150-160s in the first two hours.. But it doesn't finish for 15-20hours
    ·
    Thanks, good to know.
    ·
  • Get some sleep, it'll be fine till the morning
    ·
  • brycos said:
    3 hrs in and it's at 139.  That seems a little high.  The dome is reading 275.
    You haven't hit the stall yet.  If you were like me on my first overnight brisket I was up every couple of hours checking on it. 

I just put a 12.5 lb beast on 20 mins. ago.  The Stoker has it under control for the night.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
    Thanks guys.  Dave, where in Fla are you?
    ·
  • brycos said:
    Thanks guys.  Dave, where in Fla are you?
    Titusville, FL.  East of Orlando, FL.  You?

·

I live in Boone, NC (mountains). Lots a Floridians have 2nd homes here.  Need to take the kids to Disney soon.

·
  • Hudgens ring a bell
    ·
  • brycos said:

I live in Boone, NC (mountains). Lots a Floridians have 2nd homes here.  Need to take the kids to Disney soon.

Boone, NC..is beautiful!  I love the western NC scenery.

·

Hudgens ring a bell
    I've met some Hudgens.
    ·
  • My inlaws were originally from Boone, nc
    ·

1st brisket done with few left overs.  Overall I'm pleased but will try Travis method next time.  The flat was drier than I wanted. The burnt ends rocked. 

Maybe I'm just spoiled after trying the sous vide bisket at the eggfest in Winston-Salem last week.

·