Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Let's get it on!

brycosbrycos Posts: 137
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Actually got it on already.  My first briset.  My wife is pretty doubtful that it will turn out right but I told her it would be alright 'cause I got a real-live Texan telling me how to do it. 
·

Comments

• Good luck!
    Green Eggin' in Lafayette, Louisiana
    ·
  • brycosbrycos Posts: 137
    3 hrs in and it's at 139.  That seems a little high.  The dome is reading 275.
    ·
  • Its normal. Mine always jumps to 150-160s in the first two hours.. But it doesn't finish for 15-20hours
    ·
    Thanks, good to know.
    ·
  • Get some sleep, it'll be fine till the morning
    ·
  • brycos said:
    3 hrs in and it's at 139.  That seems a little high.  The dome is reading 275.
    You haven't hit the stall yet.  If you were like me on my first overnight brisket I was up every couple of hours checking on it. 

I just put a 12.5 lb beast on 20 mins. ago.  The Stoker has it under control for the night.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
    Thanks guys.  Dave, where in Fla are you?
    ·
  • brycos said:
    Thanks guys.  Dave, where in Fla are you?
    Titusville, FL.  East of Orlando, FL.  You?

·

I live in Boone, NC (mountains). Lots a Floridians have 2nd homes here.  Need to take the kids to Disney soon.

·
  • Hudgens ring a bell
    ·
  • brycos said:

I live in Boone, NC (mountains). Lots a Floridians have 2nd homes here.  Need to take the kids to Disney soon.

Boone, NC..is beautiful!  I love the western NC scenery.

·

Hudgens ring a bell
    I've met some Hudgens.
    ·
  • My inlaws were originally from Boone, nc
    ·

1st brisket done with few left overs.  Overall I'm pleased but will try Travis method next time.  The flat was drier than I wanted. The burnt ends rocked. 

Maybe I'm just spoiled after trying the sous vide bisket at the eggfest in Winston-Salem last week.

·