Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Toy - Steel Platter

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,330
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just arrived.  I am so looking forward to doing a steak with the platter heating up above or in the other Egg, and serving with a sizzle (like at a fancy steak house.)

The spouse wants me to make eggs and pancakes on them.  As I figure things out to use these for, you will see the pics.

I put the Mavrick in to give you some scale.
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• porkmanporkman Posts: 20
    Where from, and what is the cost, Doc?
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,522
    I know he likes willams sonoma.... :)

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,330
    Sur la Table.  Reduced from $40 something to $19.  Get them while they last SLT and WS seem to close product line quickly after they go on sale.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Thanks Doc!  I grabbed one up.  I've been looking for something in CI about that size.  I was even thinking of finding an antique wood stove burner top.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • In the pic you can see sur la la.. Oi funny people
    ·
  • Hi Doc! I just got mine today, but was stuck in an evening meeting so I got shut out of breaking it in.  Eggs and pancakes is a splendid idea.  I guess I'm borrowing from you yet again!  Keep posting Doc!  You're an inspiration for plating, cousine and all things Egg!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Thanks for the tip, decent price, functional, and just steel. And, there is a SLT near me, and I'm looking for a something like this.
    ·