Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table measurement question?

Options
miscjames
miscjames Posts: 78
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

I have seen several table designs with the egg base sticking out above the table and some where it is almost even with the table I am wondering what has worked best for you.

Also can you proved me with measurements you used:

I need to know the distance from the top of the flagstone, bricks, slate ect to the top of the table.

I need to know this for a large with a spring hinge and a medium with a spring hinge.

If any of you table builders can proved me with this I would certainly appreciate it. Pictures would be awesome as well. 

Comments

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    I started from the ground up. I decided on how tall of a tub I wanted under the table. With the lower shelf figured, I decided how high I wanted the table top and that should decide everything except length and width. Here is a thread from my build. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1138376/im-done-cooking-on-my-bge#latest

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Not sure I understood what you are asking, but if the base of the egg (the felt line) is flush with the table top you need allowance for the hinge, it (the hinge on a medium) will be below the base felt line by 4 inches (would be more or less depending on the size of the egg). This involves a more difficult cut out. If you build so the felt line is 4 inches above the table top, the cut out can be an 18" circle, much easier to complete.
    Can't speak for the large, but for a medium distance from the bottom of the egg (top of the paver) to the bottom of an opened hinge is 12 1/2" and 16 1/2 inches to the felt line. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!