Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is this an okay setup?

EddieK76
EddieK76 Posts: 416
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Brisket on the normal grid...I'm then raising a 2nd grid with bricks and while the brisket is on making some MOINK balls and some ABT's....Is the fat dripping down on the brisket okay?  I would assume so but just want to make sure....
Large BGE

Comments

• brycos
    brycos Posts: 137
    What ever you do don't cross-contaminate your meats!!!

Just kidding you'll be fine
  • Outlaw77
    Outlaw77 Posts: 71
    @EddieK76 just be careful with the cheese from ABT's dripping on the brisket.
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
    edited August 2012
    Extra fat always make for more flavor (just don't tell your arteries) hehehe... 

And I dunno, Outlaw - maybe the cheese might make an extra flavor profile on the brisket, who knows.  

heh - reminds me of a failed "egg-speriment" I tried awhile back.  I was cooking chicken, and the GF wanted grilled corn-on-the-cob.  I did a raised 2-tier setup, but I got the (not so) bright idea of putting the corn lower, and the chicken higher.  I did that for 2 reasons (usually, I cook my chicken direct on a raised setup anyway, so the chicken was where I wanted it.)  But I also figured the fat dripping from the chicken would drip onto the corn & make for some really great tasting corn.  

Well, long story short - the fat DID indeed drip onto the corn alright - but then the coals ended up catching the fat on fire, while on the corn... and ummmm, let's just say that all I had left was popcorn!! hehehe... had to throw all the ears away & throw in some microwave veggies real quick as a side... :((

But other than that, you'll be fine!! :D  
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Tin foil wrap the bottom of the second grid. You can even get creative and use the tin foil to funnel your drippings past the brisket. I've done that a few times. A bacon explosion has a ton of drippings but your ABT's prolly won't make enough mess to worry with it building up too far on the tin foil

XLBGE