Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket too long?

cbr0011cbr0011 Posts: 85
edited August 2012 in Beef
I have an LBGE and the 13 lb brisket i bought is too long, Costco whole packer.  I need to trim it but want to make sure i do it right.  Any tips would be appreciated.  Can i screw it up?  Thanks a mill
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,747
    Make two tin foil balls about 3in in diameter. Place them in the middle of the brisket. That should make it fit until it cooks down. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 923
    I cut the point from the flat before cooking and with the point getting done before the flat, you can pull the point off when it's done.

Big Lake, Minnesota

Large BGE, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·
  • llrickmanllrickman Posts: 509
    heres a link to Bubbas brisket. raising the middle is a good idea if its too big

http://www.bubbatim.com/Bubba_s_Brisket.php
    One LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
    ·