Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Picnic Shoulder or Boston Butt?

impag10impag10 Posts: 58
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
what do you guys prefer for pulled pork?
·

Comments

• DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    Boston Butt.
    ·
  • Phoenix824Phoenix824 Posts: 243

Butt

Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
    ·
  • BuckdodgerBuckdodger Posts: 908
    BB bone in !!

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • Butt!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
    Definately a butt man here
    ·
  • RandallBRandallB Posts: 67

If you are going for "leaner and healthier", try the picnic (it is OK).....BUT there is really no comparison for good old pulled pork (BB all the way).

·
  • ncbbqncbbq Posts: 257
    Butt here as well. I've never tried the picnic so I can't really compare.
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    Boneless picnics from Costco are all I've ever used. Tasted good to me!
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    RandallB said:

If you are going for "leaner and healthier", try the picnic (it is OK).....BUT there is really no comparison for good old pulled pork (BB all the way).

I find the picnic is a lot greasier than the butt. I like whole shoulders. The picnic has a little bit of hammy flavour and it commpliments the butt well.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Nope wanna be a fat kid. Butt it is!
    ·
  • Whole, bone in shoulder. Best of both worlds...
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • Cooked 2 picnics Mon. I can't tell the difference. 8lb. Butt 12 hrs...9lb picnic 10 hrs. Both were good.
    ·