Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A great late summer night

Options
AleBrewer
AleBrewer Posts: 555
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well, it's a great late August night here.....perfect for Egging.

Putting on some split breasts that marinated in Trader Joe's Island Soyaki. And some fresh corn that my wife buttered and sprinkled with various herbs. Also having a home-brewed smoked porter while I cook. I I smoked 3lbs of grain over Alder for this brew....very tasty!

Comments

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Nice! Are those turkey? They are huge! The beer sounds delish
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    awesome!!  can't wait to see the "after" pics!!  BTW, have you used that Trader Joe's Island Soyaki before?  How do you like it? 

I saw it @ TJ's the other day & thought about it, but didn't pull the trigger... depending on what you think of it, I might pick some up...
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • AleBrewer
    Options
    No.....just chicken breasts. My wife already commented on them too.....she said I always did like 'em big!

Beer is pretty tasty, but I may need to sample a few more to be sure:)
  • AleBrewer
    Options
    Hillbilly.....we have used quite a few times. Just picked up two more bottles last week.
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    AleBrewer said:
    Hillbilly.....we have used quite a few times. Just picked up two more bottles last week.
    sooooooo, I take it that's a big "no" on whether you like it or not then??? =))
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • AleBrewer
    Options
    Yep....can't stand it! Lousy on wings too!