Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whats your Egg Music

Options
boatbum
boatbum Posts: 1,273
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Music greatly improves the watching the Egg, monitoring the Maverick, and having a cocktail or two.

We included a couple of zones on the outside into our whole house audio system.   Love the tunes when outside. 

Whats your setup?  Whats your tunes?   Whats on your Egg'n ipod?

Cookin in Texas

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Depends on the mood. I can usually get through a low and slo with The Band's Last Waltz, one of my favorite albums of all time. As a Parrothead, when cooking shrimp, seafood or cheesburgers, can never go wrong with some Jimmy, since it's always five o'clock somewhere - pour me something tall and strong, Can't go wrong with "Everybody Eats When They Come To My House" by Cab Calloway. Motown classics always work, as does classic rock.  Some Johnny Cash, Bob Marley, Southern Rock (Marshal Tucker- I've drank moonshine in Aiken, SC, with their crew, Allman Brothers , Charlie Daniels, Creedence, Kansas, Skynard) or anything by the Eagles.  
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    As long as it's not Rap, the only genre of music with a silent 'C' in the title.
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Right now my egg sits on a stack of pavers just outside the back door, waiting for its house to be completed, building a covered "kitchen" 'cause it rains a lot here in the Pacific northwest. On the inside of the back door is a room where I keep the SG, Strat and Marshall, so I usually play a tune or two while watching the dome thermo stay at one temp. 
    Music ranges from Stones (open tuning on the SG) Creedance and anything blues with a slide. 
    Let the good times roll.... 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Chunz82
    Chunz82 Posts: 14
    Options
    Counting crows live, aaron Lewis unplugged
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Steely Dan radio on pandora.
    Steely Dan, Boz Skaggs, Donald Fagen, and Hall and Oates on spotify.

If the wife lady is out, sometimes I'll crank "Give me the loot" by Notorious B.I.G. (YouTube it. It's worth a listen.)
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Buffett, Stewart, and The Platters mixed in.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Country (old more than new), blues & good jazz (not the elevator variety).
    Flint, Michigan
  • LongboardR
    LongboardR Posts: 101
    Options
    A little mix of country and southern rock...Skynard, Allman Brothers, Zac Brown, Jason Aldean. A little Buffet or Bob Marley when the blender is out. Black Crows, 3 doors down, green day, STP...
  • tgkleman
    tgkleman Posts: 216
    Options
    On Pandora:

Josh Kelley Radio
    UB40 Radio - listened to with red stripe in hand

Last night while cooking steaks: INXS - Listen like thieves
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Black keys. Alabama shakes. Drive by truckers.
    Boom
  • Chunky_Charc
    Options

Well I have two pair of outdoor speakers tied into a zone from inside the house.  I have a Squeezebox hooked up to the system which allows me to stream music from the computer, ie, iTunes, or play Pandora, or IORadio, or any radio station in the world that broadcasts on the internet.  The Squeezebox has a Burr/Brown digi to audi converter so the sound is sweet.

When I am not listening to classic rock as played by several UK radio stations or San Fran or Seattle stations I am listening to Pandora.  My most favorite Pandora station is Mark Knopfler.  I also love to listen to an extensive collection of Jimmy Buffet, Lucinda Williams, Zac Brown and Alan Jackson that I have setup as a combined playlist....somehow they go very well together.

And then sometimes a little Zydeco is just what the doc ordered.....

Sorry I guess I should have said...I have an outdoor audio system and will listen to just about anythng!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    I think the final character of your food is influenced by the music that it hears as it is cooking.  If I'm cooking regular everyday stuff like hamburgers or pork chops, I might play some Dire Straits or Willie Nelson .... Mexican food is usually Los Muchachos or Los Copacabanos.  For more elegant food, I like something like Aria 3.  Click here.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Depends on what I'm cooking and the time of day.  My music reads just like the schedule of a pork shoulder cook.

Prep/setup-Widespread Panic/Phish
    Early stages of cook-Black Crowes/CRB
    Chugging Along-Allman Brothers/Duane Allman
    Finishing Up/Stall-Derek Trucks
    Dinner
    After Dinner-Country (Chesney, Jamey Johnson)
    After Dinner Drinking-Waylon, George, Cash

My drunkenness flows along with my cooks!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• smasch
    smasch Posts: 115
    Options
    Pandora:  By day, Van Halen radio.  By night, David Allan Code radio.  However gotta throw in some Buffet.  Drives the boss nuts.  
    Owner of LBGE, Antique Komodo Green in Color. Proud Career Firefighter. Johns Creek / South Forsyth GA
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Country, classic and current. 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • EGC71
    EGC71 Posts: 29
    Options
  • SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    Options
    The Blues is always good.  Johnny Winter, Jimmy Thachery, Charles Musselwhite, Keb Mo, Led Zeppelin are just a few of my favorites.  Not much of the new music impresses me so I stick with the old reliable stuff.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    pandora, either my pink floyd or stevie ray vaughan channel
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    Daphnis & Chloe by Ravel    :-\"

Opelika, Alabama
  • Foxman199
    Foxman199 Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Options
    BUFFETT & SPRINGSTEEN
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Tjcoley said: "As long as it's not Rap, the only genre of music with a silent 'C' in the title."

=)) =)) =D> =D>
    I am seriously stealing that quote.  

Egging music is mood dependent...music taste very eclectic. (cRap not part of the mix)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Got a flat in the Egg & George Strait singing about his exes who live in Texas right now.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Ha, couldn't decide which and what to add to this, and another posting made my mind up for me.

How's this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E0aZ387M_I

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Hashmaker
    Options
    Anything but "c"rap.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Hashmaker said:
    Anything but "c"rap.
    There's always time for some Beastie Boys and Jay Z!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Hashmaker
    Options
    Ok. I'll admit to listening to some beastie boys but I can do without the rest.
  • Plcharfoon
    Options
    B.B King duet with anybody!
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    How about some Derek Trucks or Tedeschi Trucks Band or Modern Jazz Quartet or about a hundred others. Rat Pack works too.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Hank III right meow.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • GLW
    GLW Posts: 178
    Options
    Anything from CASH!!!
    When in doubt add more pepper.