Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Results -- MR. Toad's Pork Loin

Options
Bama Fire
Bama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wow. Wow. Wow.[p]What a fantastic pork loin!! I was sceptical after reading the recipe, boy was I wrong. Delicious!![p]For fruit, I used apples and peaches (del monte, dried). The apples were great, but the peaches were a bit strong tasting -- the flavor didn't mellow like the apple.[p]I didn't have any fruit wood, so I smoked over hickory and mesquite. We didn't notice much smoke flavor in the loin meat -- the bacon had a great smokey flavor.[p]As I've mentioned previously, the wife is very big on how dishes look when the are served. Well, I started slicing the loin after cooking if for about 2 hours at 325 dome, and the first words from her were, "It's pretty!" Not, boy that smells good, not I can't wait to taste it. Anyway, the pretty pork was served to the in-laws (mother, father, grandfather and sister). It was a huge hit![p]It really is tough to beat the BGE![p]Bama Fire

Comments