Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Glass Baking Dish

ChadHChadH Posts: 10
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

So I was thinking about putting my wife's baked spaghetti on my LBGE instead of the oven.  I assume I can use the glass baking dish that we normally use, but I just want to be sure.  Is it OK to use a glass Pyrex baking dish in the Egg using the platesetter?

Comments

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,389
    i've used my wife's glass bakeware in the egg all under 425 dome without a issue 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    bigphil said:
    i've used my wife's glass bakeware in the egg all under 425 dome without a issue 
    Same here. Multiple times but they have always been indirect heat if that matters.
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    So, yes it is safe.
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,389
    Duganboy said:
    So, yes it is safe.
    till they find out yes  :))
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • ChadHChadH Posts: 10
    Sounds good. It looks like we will try it this week.
  • EllisEllis Posts: 195
    I used them for Griffin's Zucchinni Boats there other day, indirect. Work out fine,  just spray it with pam. Thanks Griffin there great.

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,415
    Used the wife's French white Corningware to smoke Mac n cheese she was pissed until she tasted it but cleaning the smoke residue off is a bugger
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,599
    Brownie said:
    bigphil said:
    Same here. Multiple times but they have always been indirect heat if that matters.
    +1, yep
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 906
    U_tarded: Soak the pans overnight in water and dishwasher detergent. The gunk will slide right off. (Make sure it's dishwasher not plain dish detergent.) 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • bigphil said:

Duganboy said:

So, yes it is safe.

till they find out yes  :))

Biggest obstacle!

XLBGE 
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    blue dawn will clean just about anything off if you let it soak. As long as it's indirect heat and there's not direct flames touching it, ive used pyrex and white corningware in ovens over 500
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    If you put a thin film of dishwashing liquid on the outside of the dish before cooking on the Egg with it, it'll clean up easy-peasy!
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,415
    jlsm said:

U_tarded: Soak the pans overnight in water and dishwasher detergent. The gunk will slide right off. (Make sure it's dishwasher not plain dish detergent.) 

Thanks for the tip!