Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where To Buy a Digi Q

Options
fish8503
fish8503 Posts: 30
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Looking at buying a a DigiQ Dx2. Where all can they be bought at? I am only seeing them at the bbqguru.com.

Comments

• AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Options
    You can buy a BGE branded one from your BGE dealer. You can also buy them on eBay.

I got mine right from Guru.....the shipping was very fast....no problems at all buying from them.
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    I got mine from my dealer when I purchased my first egg. They gave me a discount that matched the BBQGuru otherwise I would have bought from the guru.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Bmeier
    Bmeier Posts: 16
    Options
    I bought mine from the BBQGuru website directly. Just used it on my XL BGE over the weekend on a 10 lb brisket. Fired up at 12:30 am and it keep it at a perfect 225 for the whole cook. I was having trouble holding a 225 temp for this period of time until now. Worked GREAT!!
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    BBQGuru is local to me very good people to deal with 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    BGE dealer in my area was $30 higher, so I bought straight from dealer.  As others said, they are good to deal with.
  • fish8503
    fish8503 Posts: 30
    Options
    I think im gonna get the digiq wifi. Found it on the internet for $359 shipped. Figured id get the wifi for $70 more.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Bought mine straight from BBQGuru.  Good biz.  They ship quick, everything was perfect.  I did have a probe go bad, ordered another and some spare alligator clips so I could use generic probes.

I only use the DigiQ about half the time, where temp isn't that critical I go manual. It's fun to manually adjust - I try different techniques, like controlling just the top or bottom dampers with the other wide open, or half closed. 

One thing the DigiQ is great for (that you don't hear about often) - it gives you the ability to be a little lazy with cleaning the ash - it'll power air through ash where you'd otherwise have problems getting up to temp, or starting, and I know it's saved me a couple of flame-outs.  And you can burn lump dust easily - sometimes I'll just dump the dredges of a bag over some extinguished lump.