Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Swing rack shipping question?

2»

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Daveh1976 said:
    Franco, I could careless if that offended you. You shouldn't take people's money until you have product. You light heartedly complain you have a ton of orders without the material to make them, but you are the one peddling your wares everyday on various BBQ message boards. When you go to your site to order one, no where does it indicate that you will be charged immediately and you have no definite idea when they will get their order. You should tell people that before they order it.

Quite simply, if you don't like it, don't buy it and walk away.  I'm not sure why people need to denegrate someone else's product.  You like the adjustable rig.  Great.  Does that mean you have to hate the swing rack? This isn't like the Yankees vs the redSox and you have to take sides.

I bought it, didn't mind the wait and I'm very happy with my purchase and the communication.  Being charged upfront before shipping is not out of the ordinary.  Back in the day you paid right away and then waited "6-8 weeks for shipping and handling".

Truth be known, I would order one if I thought Franco was honest with the buyer from the start on his website which he isn't. I think the 2 tier concept would compliment the adj rig.
    Let's keep it a drama free zone oh Salty one.  We don't need another RubMyRock type on the board.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Thank you CT. His business is NOT associated with BGE or this forum. Please people.....contact him directly. Same for you Franco...I realize you're just answering questions directed at you, but you should be directly contacting your customers, not using the forum to do so.
  • thetrim said:

Daveh1976 said:

Franco, I could careless if that offended you. You shouldn't take people's money until you have product. You light heartedly complain you have a ton of orders without the material to make them, but you are the one peddling your wares everyday on various BBQ message boards. When you go to your site to order one, no where does it indicate that you will be charged immediately and you have no definite idea when they will get their order. You should tell people that before they order it.

Quite simply, if you don't like it, don't buy it and walk away.  I'm not sure why people need to denegrate someone else's product.  You like the adjustable rig.  Great.  Does that mean you have to hate the swing rack? This isn't like the Yankees vs the redSox and you have to take sides.

I bought it, didn't mind the wait and I'm very happy with my purchase and the communication.  Being charged upfront before shipping is not out of the ordinary.  Back in the day you paid right away and then waited "6-8 weeks for shipping and handling".

Truth be known, I would order one if I thought Franco was honest with the buyer from the start on his website which he isn't. I think the 2 tier concept would compliment the adj rig.

Let's keep it a drama free zone oh Salty one.  We don't need another RubMyRock type on the board.

</

Ignore him. 125 posts- 100% trolling. Let him
    Post under his other handles. He's better that way.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    @ mighty quinn I agree with you 100%. I don't want any bad blood here or any negativity.

So if anyone is curious about their order call or email me directly
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • To the original poster.....I have been waiting about 4 weeks thus far.  I expect to be waiting another 3 weeks at minimum.  I knew I would have a long wait (though I had hoped it would not be this long, but it is what it is).  I knew I would be charged upfront, did not like that so much but again it is what it is.  I wanted the swing rack and this is what I have to do to get it.  I have no doubt that I will get the rack.  I believe Franco has been upfront and honest.  Hopefully he will learn a few things through this stage of his business and realize not all people will wait and it may cost him a few sales.  I am sure he will make it through this rush and figure out how to prepare going forward.

Signed, Patiently Waiting

• AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    What's a swing rack??
  • jedawa
    jedawa Posts: 24
    XL Big Green Egg, adjustable rig combo, Woo2, CyberQ, plate setter, Weber Genesis
  • I placed my order 3 weeks ago also through the website and was billed immediately.  At the time I was not a member of this forum and did not know that there was a delay in shipping.  It would be nice if the website indicated that the swing rack for the LBGE is back ordered and that any orders would be billed immediately.  I am not trying to be difficult, but the comment about calling is not acceptable to me.  If there is a webpage where the order can be placed, then there should be adequate information in regards to possible shipping delays and billing practice.
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    jedawa said:
    Thanks.....I knew what it was....was just being a wise guy cause there a recent mega-thread about them.
  • Just got mine today. I had seen photos, but this thing is really nice. Get what you pay for as it is not cheap. But the quality is excellent. Worth waiting for. Can't wait to get cooking on it.
  • CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    @ audeuce02 - comment duly noted, we may have to readjust the website due to these orders coming in. I appreciate the suggestion. @ jeroldharter - thanks for the comments, enjoy your new toy. Please provide feed back.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com