Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bad day at work pizza....

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited August 2012 in EGG Table Forum
Well, mine was OK, but the spouse was frazzled and requested pizza comfort.

Set up was PS legs up, grid, Woo upside down, and stone.  So far this is my optimal pizza arraignment.

Heated to 400 (baker's recommendation) for a full hour ahead, so the stone and dome were well heat soaked.

Publixs dough, store sauce, Italian sausage, pepperoni, mixed cheese, fresh garlic, green pepper, and onions.  I have my way of layering, but so do all of you and it would be tedious to recite.

Done with parchment, pulled and turned at 5 minutes, turned again at 10 minutes, and taken off a few minutes later.

Very thin and crispy, and I got the pepperoni right (crisp and darkened - not smothered).

Pics to follow.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments