Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What's You Favorite Hot Dog?

Comments

• Phoenix824Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    Lee Williams does have great meat.   Even though we not live two hours away we bring stuff back from there when I visit Mom
    Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
    ·
  • ZaltydogZaltydog Posts: 67
    Koegel's!!!

·
  • chuffchuff Posts: 255
    The best hot dog is whichever one I don't have to eat. I'll just have the brat thankyouverymuch. 
    XL BGE
    ·
  • mrosenermrosener Posts: 21
    I grew up in Fairbury, love Fairbury brand hot dogs.
    ·
  • I just noticed the BBQ Pitboys recently posted a hotdog video on YouTube.  It's not for the faint of heart.  I think I might give 'em a shot with Koegel's Viennas!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • AleBrewer said:
    Sahlens....from Buffalo, NY.

+1

Buffalo born and raised.  Any time I visit there is always a cooler of hotdogs coming back with me.

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,526

He he, We have so diverse an opinion. I like 'em all with the right toppings which makes 'em yummy, but am certainly waiting for the winner.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • RicklesssRicklesss Posts: 391

Snake River Farms KOBE beef hot dogs get's MY vote.....GOOOOOOOOOD stuff!!!!
     Locally made here in Oregon.

RicklessssssssssS in Oregon

·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    KOBE beef, huh?

Strap in kiddies.

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    Daveh1976 said:
    AleBrewer said:
    Sahlens....from Buffalo, NY.

+1

Buffalo born and raised.  Any time I visit there is always a cooler of hotdogs coming back with me.

Yep....we always have family visiting us, so they bring some for us..... along some Weber's mustard.
    ·
  • field handfield hand Posts: 420

I like Nathan's, but understand Pearl's are the best. Can't buy them in our area to check them out.

Barry

·
    Going to see if I can find some Pearls around here. They have a store locator on the website.
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    AleBrewer said:
    Going to see if I can find some Pearls around here. They have a store locator on the website.

I tried that too. None within 200 miles according to it ha
    Boom
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,056
    Weinerschitzel chili cheese dog. My dad took me there since I was a lil guy.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 4,026
    AleBrewer said:

I tried that too. None within 200 miles according to it ha
    If you guys have BJs stores around you call them and see if they carry them. There was a post on the other forum once that showed what BJs locations carry them and the one by my parents does. Because of this thread I called my parents today and they are coming through next Wednesday so I asked them to pick me up 4 packs.
    ·
  • moose28moose28 Posts: 61
    tazcrash
    11:57AM Posts: 1,277
    KOBE beef, huh?

Strap in kiddies.

Can't wait to see where this leads. Haha.
    ·
    Thanks Lit.....there is  a BJ's nearby(no membership anymore for me though)....but, I think there is a market nearby that sell them. Going to check this weekend.

It looks like I'm only about 90 miles from the Pearl packing facility...so there's a few places that aren't too far from me.
    ·
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    Koegel is definitely top notch as well as Dearborn Sausage hot dogs.  They are "all world" and come 4, 5, 6, or 8 to a pound.  Dearborn Sausage is well known throughout the Mid West for it's sausage, hams and other deli products. Don Kosch is the owner and knows his meat.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • galengalen Posts: 52

I'm a fan of the Hormel Hot Dog.  aka the Dodger Dog that is sold at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles.  Alos know as Farmer Johns but owned by Hormel.

When in Hawaii we use the Hormel Turkey dog.  And I agree to have a good dog it must be in the fixings..

Used to go to Tony Packo's when business took me to Toledo but that was several centuries ago.  Liked it then.

Aloha

·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    Jay Hippie hot dogs made by Denver Meats in Denver, PA.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,921
    French Quarter Lucky Dogs - perfect street food if you're starving and wasted in the French Quarter.  How good are they?  I don't really remember....
    =P~

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,277
    Its been entertaining to read thru this thread, but it really stuck out that so many folks' favorite dogs are locally-made.  I don't know if there's a "Utard dog", but I think this weekend I need to visit a couple places and see if there is such a thing.  
    Sadly I don't really have a "local" butcher shop since Snyder's Meats went out of business...  
    :-&

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Pearl for me as well. Before the egg... Steamed in beer = yum! I had no idea how lucky I am, getting them here is no problem (east coast)
    ·
  • gatorBGEgatorBGE Posts: 80
    Butcher we shopped at in Fl carried a 1/4# all beef dog, missed them like crazy, finally went to a butcher here this weekend and found them.  They are CAB dogs, that's all I can tell you.....but delicious!
    Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,799
    I like the Black Bear Hotdogs on the grill.

But when I crave a hot dog I want a Sabrett from a local hot dog truck.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • Nathan's Skinless are the only weiner I'll put in my mouth.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • Bear 007Bear 007 Posts: 343
    ccpoulin1 said:
    Jordan's natural casing hot dogs from Maine (if they still make them, it has been years since i moved south)  Other than that, Maverick uncured Buffalo
    Jordan's Red Hot Dogs. Tonight's  Fix-ins.

·
  • jerrypjerryp Posts: 226
    Here in York County PA we have Sechrest hot dogs.  They are the best I've ever had.  For widely available dogs, it's hard to beat either Nathans of Hebrew National.  If you ever pass thru Syracuse NY, Hydes will sell you dogs.  They are excellent as well.
    ·
  • ccpoulin1ccpoulin1 Posts: 389
    Bear 007 said:
    ccpoulin1 said:
    Jordan's natural casing hot dogs from Maine (if they still make them, it has been years since i moved south)  Other than that, Maverick uncured Buffalo
    Jordan's Red Hot Dogs. Tonight's  Fix-ins.

well i guess that answers my question.....guess what i want now???

Thanks~

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·