Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Newbie going for it!!

HashmakerHashmaker Posts: 149
edited August 2012 in Pork
Just recently bought a LBGE and built my own table. I have done a few butts and briskets that have turned out well. My daughter has encouraged me to enter a BBQ contest. I have never done anything like this before. I am using my Egg for the competition. I have a good rub and decent home made sauce. Is there anyone out there that could give me some advice on competitive BBQ cooking? Tips or tricks that can save me time or money? The SCBA will be providing the butts for everyone. Can a LBGE cook more than 2?

Comments

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,961
    Dive in! You'll never know until you try. Yes, the large can cook more than 2 butts.
  • You can do 3 easily with the standard setup. You can do even more if you get an adjustable rig from Tom at Ceramic Grill Store or a swing rack from Franco at Ceramic Grill
    Works. By all accounts, both stand up guys and both great add ons to your egg.
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,508
    Good luck.  I've done four 9 - 10 pounders on a large all on the grate. 
    Thanks for the info. I hope I do well!!
  • steeevinsteeevin Posts: 23
    Good luck, Hashmaker!
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 11,025
    Best of luck and have fun!
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood.