Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Indy EggFest a Blast!

Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,205
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

I had a great time at the Indy EggFest today!  I picked up a small for mobile Egging and I can't wait to fire it up!  I live almost 5 hours away from Indy and the round trip in one day with my wife & 4 year old was exhausting.  I learned some great tips and snagged some good recipes!  My favorite was the bacon wrapped (of course) pickled watermelon rind!  One of the cooking teams baked a pie in a handy modified CI skillet that I liked (both pie & skillet).  The skillet had a helper loop handle, but the main handle was cut short so it took less room in the Egg.  Sullivan's Hardware did a real good job!

If you were there, I'd love to hear about it!   

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·

Comments

• Yep, wife and I had a great time as well. It was my first Eggfest. Picked up a CI grate and a deep dish pizza stone. All the food we sampled was great and the people couldnt have been nicer.
    ·
  • crmwellcrmwell Posts: 19
    My wife and I had a great time at our first Eggfest.  Didn't know what to expect and was delightfully surprised!  Our favorites were the beef tender and the pulled pork.  Also liked the bacon wrapped watermelon rinds.  Had a nice conversation with John that did the beef tenders and he showed us how to check for how the meat is cooked by using your fingers.  Everybody was really friendly and he really enjoyed ourselves!

·
  • I stole the bacon wrapped watermelon rind apetizer recipe and made it for my Mom today.  They rocked!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·