Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is your go to gun?

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    edited August 2012
    Why woukd you be embarrassed by what he said travis? Made sense to me
    Edited: just saw it, nevermind. iPhone refresh
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Gary is a solid American. I know him personally. I'd have him in my foxhole anytime.

Thank you Travis.  The same goes for you too.

Bravo Zulu Travis!

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• VA in GA
    VA in GA Posts: 54
    I like traveling with my S & W magnum 22 with crimson trace!   Nice small gun for ladies to carry.
    Proud Griller of a BGE Medium, Small and Large in May 2015!
  • Although I own a Glock 9mm Luger, a Sig P238 .380, a Dan Wesson .357 Magnum, and a Ruger Mini 14 assault rifle, I cannot imagine using them with deadly force, unless my wife and dogs were threatened.

I have insurance for my property, and replacing those things are far more easier than replacing my conscience for killing someone.  If you walk the path of Tao, it should be intuitive.

I do enjoy target shooting with my guns.

Isn't this a given?
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    lousubcap said:

Gotta admit that when I saw the Howdy_Doody post I was hoping to see one of those off-the-charts recipes and pics of a cook that I could only dream about.  Perhaps next time.

X2
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2012

This two-faced hippie haze is a joke. (generally speaking)

Just admit it? We are vampires, fixated on tragedy and suffering.

Look around.  The universe is hostile, impersonal.  It always has been, and always will be.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Ya know, this is kinda the reason I don't like polarizing threads, even though it's fun for a while.  Reminds me of high school.  You got kickers, jocks, freaks, geeks, nerds, ROTC the entire rainbow of society.

People with ADHD, PTSD, people on LSD, anger management issues, screwed up in general on whatever hand life's dealt them, you name it, that's everyone around us.  And you can be sure there's a slice though all the strata of society on this forum.

Many of us been through some serious sh*t, some more than others, and in some people it manifests through bravado, others are silent and sarcastic. 

This forum is for eggheads.  International group of BGE owners.  Lets simmah donnah.  Love me some smoke.

Ya know, this is kinda the reason I don't like polarizing threads, even though it's fun for a while.  Reminds me of high school.  You got kickers, jocks, freaks, geeks, nerds, ROTC the entire rainbow of society.

People with ADHD, PTSD, people on LSD, anger management issues, screwed up in general on whatever hand life's dealt them, you name it, that's everyone around us.  And you can be sure there's a slice though all the strata of society on this forum.

Many of us been through some serious sh*t, some more than others, and in some people it manifests through bravado, others are silent and sarcastic. 

This forum is for eggheads.  International group of BGE owners.  Lets simmah donnah.  Love me some smoke.

We could be like the breakfast club, united thru our differences and then dance around the library and have a cool nick name.
    Boom
  • mrdnks
    mrdnks Posts: 67
    Here is my EGG security wife with her gun.
    She takes it everywhere
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Points taken, Lets move on.

:)

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• JBUG99999
    JBUG99999 Posts: 263
    I have several 45s for self defense.  I enjoy target shooting, but have never been hunting.
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501

I salute all who have or are serving now.

I can not thank you enough. God Bless!

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    GK59 said:

I salute all who have or are serving now.

I can not thank you enough. God Bless!

I 2nd this. Mike birbiglia has a bit about how much he loves the troops bc if not for them he would be the troops. Pretty much sums up how I feel. I appreciate anyone who does what I can't or won't our soldiers get extra appreciation from me on that front.
    Boom
  • nolaegghead
    Army/Marine family here.  I support the troops and detest the proverbial shaft that veterans have been receiving with benefits.
  • demo said:
    Colt .45 1911

Classic
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • I'd start with any one of my 12 gauges, be it the Benelli SBE II, Browning Maxxus, Beretta Silver over/under.  Or I would go straight with my Glock 45, Ruger 9, or my Taurus Judge with .410 Hornady's in it.  If all that fails, I would put the firing mechanism in my antique punt gun and line that baby up!  
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    Although I own a Glock 9mm Luger, a Sig P238 .380, a Dan Wesson .357 Magnum, and a Ruger Mini 14 assault rifle, I cannot imagine using them with deadly force, unless my wife and dogs were threatened.

I have insurance for my property, and replacing those things are far more easier than replacing my conscience for killing someone.  If you walk the path of Tao, it should be intuitive.

I think that's most people's goal. But unfortunately there is a reason it's called self-defense. I'd gladly hand over my material possessions. Not always that easy. One of my goals is to never have to use any of my weapons on a person.

Although I own a Glock 9mm Luger, a Sig P238 .380, a Dan Wesson .357 Magnum, and a Ruger Mini 14 assault rifle, I cannot imagine using them with deadly force, unless my wife and dogs were threatened.

I think that's most people's goal. But unfortunately there is a reason it's called self-defense. I'd gladly hand over my material possessions. Not always that easy. One of my goals is to never have to use any of my weapons on a person.

It is a life changing event nobody wants to go through, ask George Zimmerman. But we have them for a reason!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Zimmerman seems like a racist bigot that went out looking for trouble unfortunately a young boy paid with his life for Zimmerman's exuberance. 

Gerhard
  • ccpoulin1
    edited October 2012
    I bet there are two sides to the story that neither of us know. ( I bet there is dirt on both sides) Either way, once you pull the trigger on somebody, it changes your life.( that was the point) While this has not happened to me, I did have an accident with someone on rollerblades about 20 years ago (I was in a car). The person is paralyzed. While I don't blame myself, I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. It has changed my life. I am not PRESUMING innocence or guilt in that situation, that is why we have a legal system.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Heckler & Koch P30...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • ccpoulin1
    The judge from Taurus, and anything sig sauer!

• Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433

Yes... which, I suspect, is why the OP specifically made the mythical zombie the target.
    ;)

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    ccpoulin1 said:
    I bet there are two sides to the story that neither of us know. ( I bet there is dirt on both sides) 
     I am not PRESUMING innocence or guilt in that situation, that is why we have a legal system.
    Would have been nice if Trayvon Martin had been afforded an opportunity to tell his side of the story before being executed by George Zimmerman.

Gerhard
  • ccpoulin1
    edited October 2012
    Again, that is why we have a legal system. Witnesses ,lawyers etc will all figure it out ( by the sound of it you must have been there....)If he is guilty, hang as you note "the racist bigot bastard" who happens to be a minority himself from the highest tree. Long live our Second amendment rights! I think there may be a deeper motive in your comments. I suggest you look in the mirror before judging others. We live in a society where we are innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around as you suggest in your post. Hopefully you are not a lawyer or judge. Have a great day!

• Seriously?  A BBQ forum and you want to discuss the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case?  SHEESH!
    Flint, Michigan
  • ccpoulin1
    Seriously?  A BBQ forum and you want to discuss the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case?  SHEESH!

Isn't this an off topic subject, or am I missing something? It is about guns and defense..........

• nolaegghead
    Let's just pretend that this was a white neighborhood watch guy that lives in your neighborhood and the kid that was shot is a white kid that also lives in your neighborhood coming back home from the store and take out all the racial overtones.

There will be no universal agreement and things will only get hot. 

Let's keep this a friendly forum.  OK ?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious