Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My Bell Is Stuffed

bud812bud812 Posts: 1,421
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Just a Wed. night dinner of stuffed bell peppers. Farmers market has some great stuff around this time of year.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

001.JPG 331.5K
003.JPG 335.7K
004.JPG 334.1K
·

Comments

• mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,741
    edited August 2012
    Lookin' Good.

we have done this a few times on the egg.. turns out excellent!

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,222
    ...and you can use it for fondue as an appetizer!

·
  • joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394

Looks good.  One of my favorites.  I tried this on the egg this summer and it was awesome.

·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292

Alot of the recipe i see call for the peppers to be pre-cooked before stuffing and baking.  This was for recipes done in the oven.  Did you pre-cook the peppers?

I was thinking that you would not need to precook them.  I was thinking raw stuffed peppers cooked around 275 done until the peppers are done.  Then add some cheese at the end.  Is this what you did?

·
  • WhalerWhaler Posts: 102

nola try the peppers stuffed with Boudin (cold/non-smoked) a little shredded cheese in the bottom,fill with boudin out of the casing, a little rotel tomato sauce and sprinkle with more
    cheese. 
    Pensacola,FL
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,420
    Looks delish.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
    Whaler said:

nola try the peppers stuffed with Boudin (cold/non-smoked) a little shredded cheese in the bottom,fill with boudin out of the casing, a little rotel tomato sauce and sprinkle with more
    cheese. 
    Sounds delicious.  We do stuffed pepper when we come across some pretty local ones. I sometimes roast them first.  Love me some boudin.

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,421
    I par-boiled the peppers for 2 min. each one at a time, then stuffed em & on the Egg for about 1 hr. at 350 dome. They were a little juicy as I think I added too many choped toms to my meat mix. But they were great.

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,421
    I forgot to add that a quick ice bath after par-boil to stop the cooking.

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231

cheese. 
    Whaler, I'm from P'cola too. What part of town are you from?
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
    ·
    Par boiling and ice bath is a good idea, keeps them nice and bright green.  Thanks bud812

·
  • .. We dont pre cook ours. The only thing we cook is the sausage on the stove top
    ·