Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken rub for tonight???

Options
Mayberry
Mayberry Posts: 750
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I can't make up my mind tonight. I have a whole split chicken and a whole cabinet full of new, never tried Dizzy Pig Rubs!!! I used the Raging River the other day and it was great. What should I use tonight on the chicken: Dizzy Dust, Bombay Curryish, Fajitaish, or Swamp Venom? Whaddya think? Charcoal is lit, so lines are open for quick suggestions.
Athens, GA
XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options

In addition to the DP line I like to squeeze some lemon juice into EVOO brush on the bird and then sprinkle black pepper on.

• JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    Options
    Can't comment on two of them, but I've got Dust, Venom, and River and boy do you have a conundrum on your hands. Seriously when I'm selecting which rub to use, I pop all the tops and do a blind smell test. Whichever greets my senses well on that particular day, is the rub I pick.

Be sure and get the rub under the skin well, directly onto the bird. I've always just placed it all over the exterior of the bird without raising the skin - boy you wanna talk about flavor!

Jason
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Options
    Split the difference and did Swamp Venom on half of them and Bombay Curryish on the other half. Both were really good, but I think I liked the kick of the Swamp Venom a little more. These rubs are really good.....good enough that I might want to stop trying to blend my own.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Plowboys Yardbird.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.