Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Why you don't set a hot platesetter on Grass

FliehighFliehigh Posts: 76
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Enough said right?

• tgklemantgkleman Posts: 216
    Good looking lawn.  That is a shame.
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 5,300
    You could set it down 2 more times, a few feet apart, in a triangle, and tell your guests that the Martians had come for a visit. But they left in a huff when they found out you didn't do carry-out.
  • FliehighFliehigh Posts: 76

Ya I was removing it for direct grilling and it got a little to hot in my gloves and didn't want to set it down hard on the concrete pavers.

Was only on the grass for about 30 seconds.

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 20,260
    Grass will grow back.  Broken plate setters don't.  You ideally don't want your plate setter to cool too fast either - best if it cools down in the egg.  Not always possible, I know.
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr., smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat 

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 3,770
    That's how my entire yard looks this summer.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio

nolaegghead  When I need it out of the egg and it is hot I set it on the concrete pavers, legs down, to cool.

I just didn't want to drop it oo quickly on the concrete this time, but yes it usually cools in the egg.

YEMTrey  we have been really lucky up here in eastern Canada this year, That is my only burnt, brown spot.

• timekpr1timekpr1 Posts: 151
    Two lumps for eyes, a lump for a nose and some briquettes for a mouth and you have some new Star Wars yard art.
    Mama always said, Grilling was like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.

Chewy! Never thought of that!

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,664
    Hey, maybe you are onto a new business venture, BGE cooking merges with Stampin' Up!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.