Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The large grill dome with table I got off Craig's List was cracked

RubmyrockRubmyrock Posts: 266
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Guy assured me there was no cracks. Firebox and entire bottom half was cracked. Paid $350 including table and another $377 to replace everything. Good news is that I have a large BGE AND a large grill dome both of which are like new!!!! Bad news is, I got scammed on Craigslist!!!
·

Comments

• So sorry!
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,488
    Sucks, always got to go with your gut dealing with craigs and even sometimes then someone will dupe you.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,679
    If it still cooks, you might get many more years of use out of it. 

·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Did you not give it a really good look over before taking ownership....checking for things like cracks?
    ·
  • RubmyrockRubmyrock Posts: 266
    I did not look until I got home because I didn't pull the firebox. Not really upset about the money I have I'm it now but if I had known, I would have much preferred another egg to a Grilldome. I just don't like it as much even though the cooks are very much alike.
    ·
  • JB weld it?  Should work just fine with some minor cracks. 
    ·
  • RubmyrockRubmyrock Posts: 266
    I've already got a new bottom shell and firebox. Grill dome said even though the crack was minor, it was a safety hazard. No cracks now. Replacing the hinge and springs was a **** especially since half the instructions were missing, BUT, I got it!!!
    ·