Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

steak seared on coals question

BaysidebobBaysidebob Posts: 488
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
We watched "Primal Grill" with Steven Raichlen.  He cooked T-bone steak on lump coals.  They looked over done to me.  We like medium-rare to rare.  I've seen a number of posts suggesting searing steaks on the coals.  I'm heading to Costco tomorrow for my eyeglasses and am thinking I'll pick up a couple of stupid-expensive cowboy-cut ribeyes.  The plan is to carmalize some onions first in the little dutch oven by which time I'll have a nice even coat of chimney started coals all accross the firebox.  So how long should I leave them on the coals for that crusty exterior before removing to avoid going past medium rare to rare?
My actuary says I'm dead.

Comments