Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sweaty Egg

JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Well, after my last brisket cook, I used two large drip pans filled with water to assist in keeping the brisket moist. I was gone a week on vacation, and tonight is my first night back to egging.

Got the egg up to 700 for a steak cook, and now my egg is sweating all the water in the ceramic. Now I have this nasty brown crust all over the dome. How in the world do I clean this now??

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Jason
·

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    i wipe it with a wet/damp cloth while hot
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
    stike said:

i wipe it with a wet/damp cloth while hot

Pay attention kids - this is why Stike gets paid the big bucks around here!

Worked like a charm. Thanks buddy.

Jason
    ·
  • twlangantwlangan Posts: 293
    I had that happen once. Mine dried to white stains - I called them sweat stains.  ;)
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,717
    Happened to me once also.  I think I used Windex, when it cooled off.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·