Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Gasket/Dome alignment issues

ArlingtonGrillArlingtonGrill Posts: 62
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for this.  I have just replaced my buened out gasket with a Nomex self adhesive one.  Everything went fine, and the gasket is properly aligned along the egg, however, the egg doesn't close as tightly as it did before, and in addition, where the Egg closes first, near the hinge, the gasket "crimps".  Is there a way to adjust the hinge?  I purchased my Egg from an outdoor furniture store and they put it together, so I will go back to them, but thought there might be an easy way to fix this problem.

Thanks

·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,708
    You need to re-adjust the straps that hold the hemispheres of the dome.  Here's a video.  There a dollar bill test that you use to make sure the pressure on the gasket is even. 

·
  • Thanks.  Don't see the video in your message.  Can you send again?
    ·
  • got it.  thx!
    ·
  • I tried several methods.. Got it a little better. But not much. Really it hasnt made a difference in the cook, just the look and beauty
    ·