Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Where do sharks go after shark week? On the BGE!!

brewcityeggerbrewcityegger Posts: 94
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
In honor of the end of shark week, I grilled some shark up tonight. I paired it with some broccoli slaw and a homemade cilantro lime vinaigrette. I garnished it with some grilled lemon. Love lemon this way.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 365
    Excellent!!! I've had shark a few times. Good to see something other tham butt or brisket. Looks great!
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Looks good. Shark week is always followed by 'Lobsterfest' - looking forward to additional postings.  
    Shark is very underrated. I found some shark steaks at my local grocery store last year for less than $3 per pound and it was incredible
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,400
    Fresh shark is delicious.  Short shelf life - if you're buying it fresh, check for the absence of an ammonia smell before buying. 

• So to be clear, I hate sharks... Been bumped by them while surfing countless times, seen tarpon get munched in half, had to drop a stringer of hog fish while being circled by Mr hammerhead...all this being said I have the utmost respect for the apex predator (I am just a visitor in his domain) and understand some fish may be as old as me. I dont take them...their actual good table food but its not worth it and Nolaeddhead is right they spoil quickly and you need to carefully clean them as well as they are high in mercury.

• gte1gte1 Posts: 376
    Fresh shark is delicious.  Short shelf life - if you're buying it fresh, check for the absence of an ammonia smell before buying. 

The smell comes from them secreteing waste (urine) through their skin.
    George
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,400
    gte1 said:

The smell comes from them secreteing waste (urine) through their skin.
    Yeah, they have very high urea levels - they store it in their muscle tissue.  The urea spoils via bacteriological action into ammonia.

• TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

I like them, but wife (The Marine Biologist/Nurse) wont let me eat them because of the high mercury count.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.