Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Short Ribs & Sausage on the Medium

SmoothSmokeSmoothSmoke Posts: 141
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I decided to make this in a jiffy today, total cook time about 3 hours.  Some short ribs, homemade fennel sausage and steamed veggies.  Did them on the medium egg, minus the veggies which were steamed. 

imageimage

Comments

• BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    Looks like melt in your mouth beef!
  • Thanks for the kind words!
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,567
    Yes please!
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
  • brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 365
    They look great! What internal temp did you take the ribs to, and what smoke did you use?
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • SmoothSmokeSmoothSmoke Posts: 141
    edited August 2012
    They look great! What internal temp did you take the ribs to, and what smoke did you use?

Thanks!  When I first started probing it was about 175 or so, took them an additional half hour after that.  Not sure what the temp was, but pulled them when they probed like butter.  My best guess would be 185-190.  I cooked them at 300F for about 3 hours. 
    I used Royal Oak lump and 2 chunks of hickory. 
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,197
    Excellent, just excellent!!!!!
    Love short ribs, yours look absolutely excellent, said that already I think.......
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.