Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The steel just ain't doin' it no more. Time for KNIFE SHARPENING.

2»

Comments

• Cutco knives are one of the best. A bit expensive on the front end but they carry a life time guarantee and free sharpening for life. If the blade or for that matter any part is damaged it is replaced for free. Just send it back to the MFG. I have the master chef set and swear but the quality of the knife.
  • I use a Lansky sharpening kit. Keeps all of my knifes with a great edge. From small pocket to our best knives in the kitchen. I am also looking at the Kershaw Kitchen Knives. I love my Kershaw "Made in the USA" EDC knives. Great quality for a good price.
  • makis
    makis Posts: 81
    Take a look at worksharptools.com

I have been using their sharpener and it rocks!!
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

Cutco knives

and swear but the quality of the knife.

Are you sayin they are worthless? a POS.??

:))

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I use a Lansky sharpening kit. Keeps all of my knifes with a great edge. From small pocket to our best knives in the kitchen. I am also looking at the Kershaw Kitchen Knives. I love my Kershaw "Made in the USA" EDC knives. Great quality for a good price.
    The Kershaw Skyline is my most carried EDC blade. I have one that is about 3 years old and still going strong. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

I use a Lansky sharpening kit. Keeps all of my knifes with a great edge. From small pocket to our best knives in the kitchen. I am also looking at the Kershaw Kitchen Knives. I love my Kershaw "Made in the USA" EDC knives. Great quality for a good price.
    The Kershaw Skyline is my most carried EDC blade. I have one that is about 3 years old and still going strong. 
    I like that style.  I've been carrying mostly a SOG Flash for years.   Have had my eye on the Al Mar SERE, but a little pricey.

I like that style.  I've been carrying mostly a SOG Flash for years.   Have had my eye on the Al Mar SERE, but a little pricey.
    I have a sog flash 1 in my pocket right meow. I have an Al Mar eagle ultralight. I love it.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • probe1957
    probe1957 Posts: 222
    I am the least handy SOB you ever saw.  I couldn't sharpen a knife by hand if my life depended on it.  So I have one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Chefs-Choice-Professional-Knife-Sharpening-Platinum/dp/B000CSK0DM

Works for me.
  • nozob1
    nozob1 Posts: 43
    My husband sharpen knives as a side business.  Most knives sharpen well, but the good quality ones hold the edge for a good length of time.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Here's what I use