Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pulled Pork Issue/Help

mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,669
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I injected my 7lb boneless pork shoulder from Costco last night.  Got the egg steadied at 245F, 12 hours later my alarm goes off and tells me that the pork is at 195 internal temp.  The issue:
It is some of the most dry pork ever and its tough as nails.

It was frozen, i thawed it in the fridge for three days.  Injected it with apple juice/cider mixture, put it back in the fridge for an hour while getting the egg up to temp.

Rubbed with mustard, brown sugar, and Dizzy Coarse grind.

So if this cant be salvaged im thinking of doing a turbo butt..and i need assistance on what methods work best.  Were having 20 people over for dinner tonight for my Birthday, most of them have not had Egg food..so i would like to do it justice.

Also were doing Ribs.  THe initial plan was to put the ribs on around 11am ...but if i do tubro im not sure what ill do.

HELLLLPPP

Comments