Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Pork 8-18-12

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,376
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Had a single pork shoulder or butt or something in the freezer and decided this weekend there would be pulled pork.  Marinated in 50/50 Dichickos Garlic and Hot for 48 hours.  Done indirect, plate setter legs up, grid, drip pan, second grid on bricks.  Used apple smoking chunks.

Held very well between 250 and 260 for 10.5 hours.  No stall :-)

Bone came out clean at 200 internal, and it was so tender I was worried I would not be able to pick it up to put it to rest.

I mixed mine with a little Stubb's spicy and put it on a Big Marty's roll.  Had homemade slaw on the side.

Pics to follow.
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,376
    Pics
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • ribnrunribnrun Posts: 174
    I love finding a forgotten hunk o meat in the freezer and making an unplanned feast! Do you use the elevated 2nd grid to get it to cook faster? I usually put my drip pan on the platesetter with the grid sitting on the legs. I imagine you get a higher grid temp?
    ·
    Second grid to raise it in the dome.  When I do four the top ones always finish first.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • Super nice pr0n. Looks delicious. Beautiful coloring.

Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    Northern CA
    ·
    Lunch on a bun :-)
    Pasquali Luciano

·
    Some days you work hard, some days you hardly work.  Today is somewhere in the middle.
    Pasquali Luciano

·