Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Birthday Steak And Lobster

TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Told the wife we are never eating out for Birthdays again. So I did up a filet with Lobster.

I butterflied the Lobster and coated it in some EVOO and A little dust and threw them on a dropped grate. Didnt take long at all so I pulled them off before they were done and threw the steaks on and seared them at about 700 for 2 Min each side. Raised the grid and closed the vents and threw everything back on for a few MIN.

Topped of with some lemon butter and scalloped potatoes. Was a excellent meal.

Topped it off with a bottle of Mercury Head by Orin Swift. (Held onto this bottle for 3 Years and finally had it)

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

DL2.JPG 343.2K
SL.JPG 281.1K
SL1.JPG 251.9K
·

Comments

• IMHO Birthday celebrations are always more fun at home... nicely played!
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,437
    Looks good Did you cook the lobster at 700 too?
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    IMHO Birthday celebrations are always more fun at home... nicely played!
      Totally agreed. Show me I'm loved by cooking for me. Oh and happy birthday!

:-t  No pictures of the cake? It's not a birthday without a homemade birthday cake.
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Didnt make a cake, Wife bought Cake Balls from this shop. The were awesome!

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Looks good Did you cook the lobster at 700 too?
    Nope about 350.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·