Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Birthday Steak And Lobster

TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Told the wife we are never eating out for Birthdays again. So I did up a filet with Lobster.

I butterflied the Lobster and coated it in some EVOO and A little dust and threw them on a dropped grate. Didnt take long at all so I pulled them off before they were done and threw the steaks on and seared them at about 700 for 2 Min each side. Raised the grid and closed the vents and threw everything back on for a few MIN.

Topped of with some lemon butter and scalloped potatoes. Was a excellent meal.

Topped it off with a bottle of Mercury Head by Orin Swift. (Held onto this bottle for 3 Years and finally had it)

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

DL2.JPG 343.2K
SL.JPG 281.1K
SL1.JPG 251.9K

Comments

• IMHO Birthday celebrations are always more fun at home... nicely played!
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,486
    Looks good Did you cook the lobster at 700 too?
    Greensboro, NC
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    IMHO Birthday celebrations are always more fun at home... nicely played!
      Totally agreed. Show me I'm loved by cooking for me. Oh and happy birthday!

:-t  No pictures of the cake? It's not a birthday without a homemade birthday cake.
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Didnt make a cake, Wife bought Cake Balls from this shop. The were awesome!

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Looks good Did you cook the lobster at 700 too?
    Nope about 350.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.