Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tri Tip

TarHeelBBQTarHeelBBQ Posts: 315
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to the Fresh Market tomorrow looking for a Tri Tip. I'm going to cook it on Sunday. Any suggestions? I've never cooked one before. Thx, TarHeelBBQ
·

Comments

• BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,821
    I roast mine at 400 indirect until 110, and then I sear it at 650 for 2 mins a side. I take off at 140.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422

Tri Tip Roast Seasoning

3 tablespoons salt

1 tablespoon granulated garlic

1/2 teaspoon dried parsley

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 teaspoon Accent (MSG)

Dry the roast with paper towels and apply a good amount of seasoning all over the meat. Let the meat warm to room temperature until you're ready to cook.

Direct cook at 375 one side for about 10 minutes, then turn it over and cook to an internal temperature of 125-135°F, depending on the doneness you prefer.

• TarHeelBBQTarHeelBBQ Posts: 315
    Do you marinate it in anything?
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    I do not.  Just season about an hour before cooking.
  • I do a reverse sear on the coals, works great!
    ·