Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unofficial Egger Poll- How many pounds of meat this weekend?

Borders
Borders Posts: 665
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'd like to see just how much meat has been smoked, grilled and T-Rex'd this holiday weekend by this group. I'll finish off tommorrow at 26 pounds:[p]6# chuck roast
7# prime rib*
13# Boston butts[p]How much have you done??[p]*Fishlessman, I took your cue and did "2 bone" prime ribs so each person would get a crusty outside. Great idea![p]Happy 4th,
Scott

Comments

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 441
    Borders,
    16 lbs of butt
    7.5 lbs chicken (beer can style)
    and still going...[p]Brats & burgers going on tomorrow - probably another 10 lbs between the two.[p]Happy 4th to all & thanks to all those men & women serving and protecting this great country!!![p]Joe

• QJoe
    QJoe Posts: 24
    Will be at 16# of boston butt by tomorrow....
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Borders,
    Well, I was 'cheating' a bit this weekend, since we did 3 caters (two on Friday, which was Canada Day up here) and then one yesterday; all cooking on our big offset. Total weight cooked was 350 lbs of whole NY pork shoulders, plus 7 trays of baked beans. Oh yeah, went to the in-laws today and of course they had me do the grilling, so you can add 2 lbs of hotdogs and 6 lbs of hamburgers to the weekend tally; can't forget about those dogs and 'burgs.... LOL
    Happy 4th to our US neighbours!
    Qfan

• Borders
    BBQfan1, Sounds like fun. I was hoping to see 1,000 pounds among us all. 358 pounds is a great start!

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Borders,
    cooking 3 slabs of ribs, 3 chickens, 5# wings, 20 porkchops, 8 rib eyes, and 5# chicken sausage w/ jalapeno's. I'd guess about 50 lbs of meat using 3 eggs, 2 large and a small, ooops, forgot to mention 3 pizza's for breakfest, used store bought California Pizza Kitchens pizza, they were really good.

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Borders,[p]Wow...mine sounds paltry in comparison. A 6.5 lb shoulder and an 11.5 lb brisket. Of course there are only going to be 8 people handling it all! Leftovers I hope I hope![p]Happy 4th and thanks to all here and overseas.[p]mShark
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Borders,
    Well let's see, i did the math yesterday and came up with 84.7 pounds total. I don't have specifics on each part but here is the breakdown.[p]2 Brisket Flats
    4 Butts
    9 slabs of ribs
    2 whole chickens
    16 chicken thighs
    10 pounds of ground beef
    5 pounds of fresh Bratwurst
    Hot Dogs[p]And a partridge in a pear tree.[p]Boatload of folks better be coming later today...lol.[p]

• Ironbaugh
    Ironbaugh Posts: 93
    Borders,
    10 burgers, 10 brats, zuchinni (sic?) and pickles drizzled in olive oil and dizzy dust. A great day for our family to celebrate son Eric back from Iraq. God bless America.

• Borders
    Ironbaugh, You really have reason to celebrate, and I bet Eric will be celebrating with some home grown BBQ!
    Scott

• Borders,
    saturday night a 7 pound prime rib (plus egged string beans and peach blueberry crisp)[p]last night 2 1/2 pounds of salmon filets grilled on a bed of lemon slices[p]today 2 whole flank steaks (about 4 lbs total) butterflied, stuffed and rolled, along with a big pot of baked beans, and an apple crisp will all get egged.. . .and brett's got a 6 lb butt going and will be doing a couple of slabs of ribs. ...

• Borders,
    4 shoulders
    2 briskets[p]total weigh in at 38 lbs.

• Borders
    I'll need one of my kids to add this up!

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Borders,
    Did Thursday night count as part of the weekend? If so add 2 lbs of scrod to the list.[p]Fri - 3 lbs Porterhouse steak for dinner
    plus 3 lbs chicken leg quarters
    & 3 lbs bratwurst to stock the fridge[p]Sat - 23 lbs spareribs, finished half for Sat night party[p]Sun - Finished the other half for Sun night party [p]Mon - Nuthin, eatin leftover lobster, steak, chicken, brats, rib tips & Tums all week.[p]Total - 32 lbs (34 if you count the scrod)[p]Cheers & Happy Hangovers,
    C~Q

• Ironbaugh,
    Please tell your son thank you for standing on that wall that separates us from those that would deny us what we are celebrating today. God Bless America! (Crank up those Eggs, Eggers!)[p]David

• Borders,
    Two nice ribeye's. About pound and a half.[p]Jerry

• Borders
    Citizen Q, Thursday counts!
  • Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    cookies.jpg
    <p />cookies. I did 11 lb brisket, numerous brats and burgers and 2 racks pork ribs. The chocolate chips cookies were after the brats and burgers, good. Tom

• BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    Borders,[p]Two (about) 8 pound butts
    One 11.5 pound brisket
    Three racks of spare ribs trimmed S.Louis style (also cooking the rib tips) (about) 13 pounds
    Ten pounds of chicken thighs
    15 or 20 pounds of wings
    (about) 2 pounds of bacon (on the ABT's)[p]
    BOB
    all on One 16 pound box of extruded coconut lump...need any more yet?

• Borders
    BobinFla, My Man! I hoped you were filling Orlando with sweet smoke this weekend. You have some lucky neighbors.[p]I still have 14 boxes left of the extruded coconut left, because I only use it for long cooks and jerky. However, please let me know when you are ordering again so I won't get caught empty handed. [p]Scott

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Borders,[p]Just got back from the lake.[p]16 pounds Pork Butt
    2 pounds Elgin Garlic Sausage
    2 pounds Elgin Hot Sausage
    2 pounds Burton Green Onion Sausage
    3 pounds Salmon
    7 pounds Chicken Thighs
    1 pounds Jalapenos[p]What a weekend. We hope everyone makes it back from wherever they went.[p]Cheers,[p]GM

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot.[p]2 slabs of Pork ribs. I trimmed them St. Louis style for the first time and tried the honey & brown sugar that Mad Max mentioned earlier in the week. Sauced one slab with Sweet Baby Ray's and one slab with my "This will kick your butt later" sauce.[p]I must say, they turned out fabulously!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Woody
    Woody Posts: 45
    Borders,[p]8 lb Boston Butt
    6 lb jumbo pork chops
    4 lb grd beef[p]all on one large BGE[p]never even got to the 10 lbs NY strip I bought[p]This is only my 3rd week of egg ownership - makes weekends even better!
    Happy 4th!

• JimE
    JimE Posts: 158
    Borders,
    24# Boston Butts here....