Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wedding Cooking

milkman5083milkman5083 Posts: 100
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just started cooking for a wedding tomorrow. More to pictures to come! First off is 8 chickens, then a 20lb turkey, and finally 60 lbs of porkbutt.
·

Comments

• BRush00BRush00 Posts: 348
    That's going to be a lot of charcoal....

Gotta ask though - why the chickens first?  I would've thought the logical order would be Pork then Poultry, as I would *think* anyways that the pork would re-heat easier/better.

Good luck & Have fun
    [Insert clever signature line here]
    ·
  • I get charcoal for free and just had 250 lbs delivered to me. All our easy to reheat, but pork needs less attention, and I have more errands to take care. Thanks!
    ·
  • friscoagfriscoag Posts: 97
    you doing the chickens indirect or direct?
    ·
  • I did the chicken indirect.
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,522
    Everything is looking good.  Is this a hired job or you doing it for a friend/relative?
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • Chicken is done and now the turkey is on.
    ·
  • I am doing it for friends as a wedding present. I usually sell the meat by the pound, but free of charge to them. It's all at cost for them. So far so good. The chicken taste awesome! I appreciate the comment, YEM!
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,003
    What is your secret to free lump?  Can you adopt me so I can get free lump?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    I'm going to a wedding tonight. I'm a little sad that the wedding I'm attending won't be cooking with eggs. Nice looking cook. I hope all goes well for you as well as the newly weds.... I also would like to know your lump secret.
    ·