Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"Best Sandwich in Texas?" REALLY?

Hi54putty
Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
edited August 2012 in Off Topic
Just read the latest issue of Food Network magazine. I know it isn't as high brow as some of the publications you guys read, but I enjoy it.

Anyway, one of the main articles this month is the "best sandwich from each state." I am happy to say that they did a good job with my state, NC, selecting a pulled pork sandwich from Lexington BBQ in Lexington, NC. I would definitely put it solidly in the top 5.

The choice for Texas...a ham and cheese sandwich from some place in McKinney.

WOW. I was shocked. All I hear about is all the great Q in Texas. What's up with that?

XL,L,S 
Winston-Salem, NC 

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I live in Texas and my crack sandwich is pretty good. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Travis, pull your pants up!
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Q is not really eaten in sandwich form in Texas.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Has anyone tried a lo-und-slo sammich smoke?  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• MQ- is kind of right, but I eat BBQ Sandwiches almost every time I get brisket. Had one today on the way home from the beach. Many people eat plates but it's probably closer to 50/50 with sammies and plates (total guess here). I can gurantee you that a few pieces of brisket from Franklin's or J. Muellers on some white bread will destroy and Ham Sandwich in McKinney. Was that Rick's chop House BTW? He's a good cook and was the rookie on BBQ Pitmaster's the first few seasons. He was the guy that Johnny Trigg was trying to mentor. That's the only place in McKinney that I would see making the list.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Hi54putty
    No. I don't remember the name but will look tomorrow. It was some long kind of fancy name. Kind of made it sound like a chick place. I remember that guy from Pitmasters and wondered if it was him. It wasn't.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    I also heard of a Killer melted cheese sandwich on a food truck in Austin, just dont remember the name right now.

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    Hi54putty said:

No. I don't remember the name but will look tomorrow. It was some long kind of fancy name. Kind of made it sound like a chick place.

I remember that guy from Pitmasters and wondered if it was him. It wasn't.

Please look and let us know.. I live in McKinney and would love to check it out.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    i dont know if its the same list but i saw one a few days ago and duck confit sandwich was for maine, what, no lobster roll, ive never even seen a duck confit
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hi54putty
    The name of the restaurant is Patina Green Home and Market. Apparently, if you want a ham and cheese sandwich, that is the place to go.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    MQ- is kind of right, but I eat BBQ Sandwiches almost every time I get brisket. Had one today on the way home from the beach. Many people eat plates but it's probably closer to 50/50 with sammies and plates (total guess here). I can gurantee you that a few pieces of brisket from Franklin's or J. Muellers on some white bread will destroy and Ham Sandwich in McKinney. Was that Rick's chop House BTW? He's a good cook and was the rookie on BBQ Pitmaster's the first few seasons. He was the guy that Johnny Trigg was trying to mentor. That's the only place in McKinney that I would see making the list.
    Is that the brain dead idiot young kid who thinks hes awesome? If so, I aint eating there. That dude is annoying.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Hi54putty
    I don't think that guy could cook a good ham and cheese.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited August 2012
    I think the best sandwich is Subway. Especially if you warm it up on a swing out grate. 8-|

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Is the eye rolling emoticon new? I havent seen it used before, but plenty of times have seen "insert eye rolling emoticon here".
  • I don't think that guy could cook a good ham and cheese.
    (Travis, that's the spot)

His place is actually really good. he's a tool but he can cook. been there several times before i ever knew about bbq pitmasters. Dude can sling the food

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX