Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Struggling

Options
cdthomas23
cdthomas23 Posts: 29
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hey guys. I am doing a Boston Butt. I have done them several times before on my cheapo H2O smoker with great results. I decided to try one on my LBGE. I got it up to temp and put the meat on last night about 10:30. Temp held steady at around 260. I woke up at 3:15, and things were still good. However, when I got up at 7:00, the temp of the egg had dropped to 160. I opened up the vents and brought them temp back up to about 275. I also stirred up the charcoal a bit. However, now it is around 10:00 am, and I am struggling to keep the temp near 250, even with the top and bottom vent wide open. Do I need to add more lump? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I could always finish it up in the oven, but I would like to see this through on the egg.

Comments