Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Packer going in......NOW!

Options
2»

Comments

• FlyingTivo
    FlyingTivo Posts: 352
    Options
    All sliced up, little on the dry side but amazingly good for a Mexican first timer!

imageimage
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • LizzieSamps
    Options
    Now the 1st one is under your belt and you can think about what to change up for next time.  I bet you had a great time eating it and enjoying time with friends and family, that's what its all about!!
  • FlyingTivo
    Options
    Thanks Liz, had my parents over against the advice of not inviting on your first Brisket. The weirdest thing is that i purchased regular of the shelf Hunts BBQ Hickory/sweet sauce and it was darn good!
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Nice!! I'm about to go into detox since I can't egg this weekend

XLBGE 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Nice job Tivo. they only get better from here. Good work

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The_Bozzinator
    Options
    Nice job, I'm cooking my first brisket  Saturday night to Sunday aftermnoon. 12.33lbs still got lots of fat left on it, was 15.00lbs before trimming, planning on 18 hrs at 250*f.
  • FlyingTivo
    Options
    Thank you guys!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    All sliced up, little on the dry side but amazingly good for a Mexican first timer!

imageimage

The current King of TX Brisket is Snow's BBQ in Lexington. Pitmaster? 70 year old Mexican Female Tootsie Tomenetz. :) you are in pretty good company Filipe! I think Franklin and J. Mueller will take the top spots this year but I've heard snow's is the bomb. Gotta get out there to try it. They are only open Saturday from 8am until they run out of meat and they are 1.5 hours from my house.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • FlyingTivo
    Options
    I will be in SA around the middle of Oct. i will try my best to visit.
    Thanks

Felipe
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If you're in SA, try Harmon's BBQ in Cibilo if you get a chance (I-35 just North of 410 on the North side of town).  Brisket was best I ever had.  They sell by the pound and ask for burnt ends, I got em and they were heaven. Sort of off the beaten path and a dive, but it'll be worth your while.
    Options
    Thanks for tip!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    If you're in SA, try Harmon's BBQ in Cibilo if you get a chance (I-35 just North of 410 on the North side of town).  Brisket was best I ever had.  They sell by the pound and ask for burnt ends, I got em and they were heaven. Sort of off the beaten path and a dive, but it'll be worth your while.
    Very happy my recommendation for Harmon's BBQ didn't let you down.  It's definitely not a chain restaurant ambiance, but them folks know how to make some brisket.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I knew someone here recommended it.  It was fan-frikkin'-tastic.  Thanks again.