Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Large BGE for my B-Day!!!

BigGreenMikeBigGreenMike Posts: 6
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum

Hey All,

My wife got me the best birthday present a Large BGE!!!!  Fired it up for the first time on Sunday and did ribs, chicken and baked a cornbread in the Egg with a cast iron skillet.  Looking forward to this weekend to really fire it up and do some pizza's.  But, I though this forum would appreciate my birthday cake that was made by my brother and sister in law...Check it Out!!!

BGE.jpg 45.4K
·

Comments

• bevgbevg Posts: 9
    Now that's a seriously excellent representation of the BGE!
    Large BGE - Northern California
    ·
  • anezanez Posts: 121
    looks like your gasket is in good shape. 
    ·
  • Excellent birthday present
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,711
    Welcome to the cult and enjoy the journey.  Great present and cake.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • Dan4BBQDan4BBQ Posts: 262
    Happy Birthday

Nice cake but a great gift of the egg---you will love it.

Dan
    ·
  • BuckdodgerBuckdodger Posts: 911
    Happy B'day, Welcome and get ready to enjoy some great cooks.

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • Great cake! 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
  • ratcheerratcheer Posts: 189
    Isn't it great? My wife got me a large BGE and accessories for my birthday and my son built a table with large working area and shelves on the deck for my birthday, last month. I have cooked almost every day since. Sometimes twice!

Tim
    ·
  • TitanmanTitanman Posts: 30
    Welcome and happy birthday. Great looking cake!
    ·
  • Thanks for the warm welcome and Bday wishes everyone...I am loving my Egg!!!
    ·
  • BuckeyeBobBuckeyeBob Posts: 651
    Awesome and what a great family! Welcome to the board and best way to learn is just ask questions. Incredible amount of help to be found here!
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,527
    Happy b'day and what a great idea!

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    Got my BGE for my last birthday, too, still waiting on the cake though!
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    My LBGE was a birthday, anniversary, Christmas, Easter, Arbor Day ..... Present last year. Best whole year gift ever. Welcome and looking forward to more posts.
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Nice! As my wife said the egg was just an easy way of ensuring easy present shopping for the next 20 yrs with all the accessories ....
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Love that Cake!
    ·
  • BullibeBullibe Posts: 132
    Happy Bithdate, Mike ! Your wife give nice gifts !
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
    ·
  • HMB_EggHMB_Egg Posts: 18
    Happy Birthday Mike ! Great cake and a great present, welcome to the forum!
    :D
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,151
    Happy Birthday, albeit a belated one. Must be nice to get such a great gift, although she probably figured you'd get one anyway so this way she killed two birds with one stone, or spatchcock'd 'em or whatever.
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Welcome the Cult. Sweet cake, you will fit right in here, just drink lots of booze and take lots of pics.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • thanks all...will post pics of my pizzas this weekend and yes Double, presents will be easy for the next few holidays.
    ·