Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken wings on Egg with BW3 sauce clone

Options
trip150
trip150 Posts: 55
edited August 2012 in Poultry
I have finally tried chicken wings on my large egg, and I have to say they are exceptionally good. We used the 30/20/10 method discussed in other posts, with hickory chunks, paprika and cornstarch dusting, and 375 dome temp with platesetter legs up. I was really surprised at the crust on the wings - almost exactly like deep fried but without the oil. Nice smokey flavor as well, and I am likely to leave the drumette and wing attached next time for that smokehouse style presentation. Now to the sauce - my local b-dubs closed, and I am out of their to-go sauces, so I made my own medium/hot sauce and my version of blazin from some notes I have come across online. The medium/hot was pretty cut and dry - the ingredient list is below. Bring the first 7 ingredients on the list to a boil in a pot, simmer for a few minutes, while in a second bowl wisk together the water, egg white and cornstarch together, then slowly combine the two while whisking aggressively so you don't cook the egg. Comes out nice and creamy and after sitting for a day or 2 it is pretty hot. 1 cup Frank’s cayenne pepper sauce, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon each of cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce, 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper, one egg yolk, 2 Teaspoons water, 2 Teaspoons cornstarch The blazing sauce required several pair nItrile gloves and some patience. 6 Habaneros, 6 jalapenos , 2 garlic cloves, 2 cups white vinegar 1/4 teaspoon of both oregano and cumin, 1/2 teaspoon each of onion and mustard powder, salt and pepper. I cut up the peppers (seeds and all) and put all the ingredients together in a cup and blended it with a hand mixer until it was completely mixed. It got significantly hotter after sitting for a few days (yes I used baby bottles). Overall, wings on the egg are one of my new favorites!

Comments