Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bobby Flay cooks a brisket on a XL BGE and more....

JerkChicken
JerkChicken Posts: 551
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
In case there were any doubt that BGE is the best cooker out there, take it from one of the best chefs. You can tell he's an egghead. Watch the full episode here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food-network-full-episodes/videos/index.html Click on Bobby Flay's BBQ Addiction
LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47

Comments

• Link goes to chopped

XLBGE 
  • Yea, it will only let me link to the index, but scroll down to the bottom left and click on Bobby Flay's Barbeque Addiction Full Episodes....
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292
    Should not have watched this at work.  All i want for lunch now is BBQ, and all i have is a crappy turkey sandwich.
  • GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    That was an awesome episode for sure!
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    He has used his egg several episodes. I cant remember which holiday, I think Easter, Bobby Flay made pork butt on his personal egg. On his twitter he calls it a big green egg and not a "ceramic cooker".
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    edited August 2012
    He has used his egg several episodes. I cant remember which holiday, I think Easter, Bobby Flay made pork butt on his personal egg. On his twitter he calls it a big green egg and not a "ceramic cooker".
    Yea I noticed a little smerk every time he had to say "green ceramic grill" instead of BGE... In the other episode on there he confessed his love for it :x
  • anez
    anez Posts: 150
    i getting ready to do my first brisket in a few days. anyone every try his style? 4 hours no foil, 4 hours foil and pull? seems pretty basic, tho will obviously be cooking to temp. 

• gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    edited August 2012
    Obviously not his personal egg by the way he dropped the dome down. I cringed at that but did get a good chuckle when he pulled the brisket and said, 'good job green ceramic grill.'

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Obviously not his personal egg by the way he dropped the dome down. I cringed at that but did get a good chuckle when he pulled the brisket and said, 'good job green ceramic grill.'
    Lol, yea I had a little drop of pee come out when he did that
    :-SS
  • chuff
    chuff Posts: 255
    I think he has enough cash at this point to not sweat breaking it.
    XL BGE
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Man - I would say I just "wasted" 23 minutes at my desk watching this, but that looked great!  I want those beans, too!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I would  not do anything like he is doing it. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Rich_ie
    Rich_ie Posts: 268
    WOW who ever put that music in should be shot!!!  I guess there are a million ways to BBQ. 
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Thanks for the link.  I love Bobby but don't trust him.  Saw him do a "North West" episode with cheeseburger on cedar plank.  I ain't goin' for that one.  Saw him do oven ribs with liquid smoke going against a real bar-b-que.  He's a restauranteer.  If the customer is happy, who cares how he got there?  It was worth watching for the red onions and I'll give the potato salad a try.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Baysidebob
    Baysidebob Posts: 489
    Obviously not his personal egg by the way he dropped the dome down. I cringed at that but did get a good chuckle when he pulled the brisket and said, 'good job green ceramic grill.'
    Lol, yea I had a little drop of pee come out when he did that
    :-SS
    It was like  watching my kid fall off his skateboard.  I also noticed when applying rub he didn't emplyoy "dry hand wet hand".  He has minions.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • Vitaman
    Vitaman Posts: 46
    Now I'm hungry and want to fire up my BGE, I mean GCG :)