Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE integrated to my home theater

DaveMDaveM Posts: 90
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Finally got the CyberQ working.  The new firmware is much better.

Check out the pict :-)  Ignore the errors as the smoke is nearly done and I keep opening it to check with my thermapen.

Now, if I could figure out Picture-in-Picture, I could overlay a webcam of the BGE.

--D
--Dave from Leesburg, VA BGE XL, Viking 42", Firepit with $16 grill
·

Comments

• dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,003
    That is way too cool.  Is it worth upgrading from the digiq DX2 or do they still have a few more bugs to work out?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,083
    Hi-tech, love it. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,003
    Nice copper watering can on the upper left shelf - antique?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • DaveMDaveM Posts: 90
    If you are willing to fight through the setup (it is really kudgey), it is worth it.  Damian in their tech support is very helpful - he got me setup over email.  I've got no clue on the copper can; my wife does the decorating and I do the grilling :-)

My first overnight smoke seems to be a success.  Almost 18 hours and I've got at least 1.5# of fuel left over.  Now, I've got 2 butts to shred...  Yum!

·
  • rabdoggrabdogg Posts: 43
    Ok. Now I'm sold!
    Green Eggin' in Lafayette, Louisiana
    ·
  • OnegrecookOnegrecook Posts: 121
    I've got everything set up mine so I can control it from my work computer outside my home network. What does it take to connect it to my home theater?
    ·
  • My tv has a built in web browser, so for me it would simply be to go to the "webpage"
    ·
  • DaveMDaveM Posts: 90
    My TV has a Windows movie server that allows web pages. That did it. Aother idea is an AppleTV and have a local Mac send its display to it.
    ·
  • I just ran a hdmi cable from one of my laptops and leave the laptop in the entertainment center. Also lets me tie into my security system and watch my eggs. 2 of my cameras in the back can see the eggs while they are smoking away.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·