Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

$375.00 for a Medium, good deal??

Options
Lowflyer
Lowflyer Posts: 785
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I own a large and have been itching for a small or mini. Found a med, 2 yrs old, used maybe 5x. Gasket looks new. Has a plate setter, vrack, and pizza stone. Asking $500 ( I knew that was nuts). I said I didn't need nest or cover. Now we're at $375... Any thoughts. Thanks

Comments

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    I'd buy it.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Yep, I'd buy it today.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • MeAndTheDog
    Options
    SOLD!
    Conway, S.C.
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    I just paid $599 for med, nest, bag of lump, grill picker upper. Sounds good w/eggessories if truely in new condition. The eggessories you listed without the nest are approx $100. Wonder why they are selling such an unused egg? Must not have caught the bug...too bad.
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • Lowflyer
    Options

I just paid $599 for med, nest, bag of lump, grill picker upper. Sounds good w/eggessories if truely in new condition. The eggessories you listed without the nest are approx $100. Wonder why they are selling such an unused egg? Must not have caught the bug...too bad.

She said her husband used it maybe 5x and it just sits covered outside. She says they are moving and it's time to go. My wife will prob shoot me.
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    i say go for it!!! "Look how much money I saved you Dear"....I use that ALL the time!!!! Even on my new med!!! lol
    Rome, GA
  • Lowflyer
    Options
    Just found out she doesnt have the daisy wheel. Ask to knock off $30 or so??
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Lowflyer said:

I don't use the daisy wheel anyway.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Lowflyer
    Options

Lowflyer said:

I don't use the daisy wheel anyway.
    I use it on butts and ribs. Usually under 300 degrees, haven't tried not using it.
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    $350 and it's sold lady!!!
    Rome, GA
  • Lowflyer
    Options

$350 and it's sold lady!!!

That's what I'm thinking. I'll post the results of this deal as they unfold.
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    Sounds like a great deal to me. You can always pick up a daisy wheel later if you really want one.

I think a lot of people get Eggs and don't put in the time to learn how to use them properly and just let them sit there. Personally, I'm glad they are selling it... at least that way someone is going to appreciate what they have!
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    so what's the verdict? Shall we throw you an egg shower?
    Rome, GA
  • Lowflyer
    Options
    The lady emailed me back yest and said she had the daisy wheel, I replied and said I'll call you this afternoon to set a time to go get. I went and got the loot and called around 3:30 and she said she had someone coming to look at it and would let me know if she still had it. I've heard nothing, and got a pocket full of loot.

I had told the wife about findinging a deal on the Egg, and she wasn't all that thrilled and then I mentioned how she gets to reap the benefits of it versus a new gun I could go and purchase. She said "true".

I would really like to find a small Egg, so the hunt continues.