Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meatloaf & Silicone Cooking Mats

thirdeye
thirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
64bfefdd.jpg
<p />This is my typical set-up for meatloaf, about a 2-1/2 pounder, perforated disposable pan, indirect on my small. Has anyone tried the silicone cooking mats from The BBQ Guru site? [p]~thirdeye~
Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments

• thirdeye, Yes I posted pics and a recipe several weeks ago. I used ground turkey, crasins, and blue cheese. Having some this weekend...ground turkey, with a strip of pepper jack down the center.[p]CB

• Stuffed-turkey-roll.JPG
    <p />thirdeye,
    Here is a pic of the stuffed turkey roll. Don't do what I did and forget to seal the ends!!! Lost some of the cheese. I don't have an exact recipe, but here is an approximation:
    1 1/2 lb ground turkey breast
    6 club crackers crushed
    1/4 cup egg substitute
    1/4 cup bbq sauce (i used hot)
    Season to taste.[p]You can get more info at the BBQGURU web site.[p]HTH[p]CB

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Chrispy Bob,[p]In addition to using them for rolling, they can be used to cook on. I've seen muffin pans made out of that stuff.

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • jwitheld
    jwitheld Posts: 284
    thirdeye,
    cooking is the purpose of the matt. roll up items and can be used for delicate items cook and serve on them.