Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Simple is good (pics)

Ottawa_EggmanOttawa_Eggman Posts: 111
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
 Sometimes simple is just as good as a big elaborate cook so tonight simple it is. Pork tenderloin wrapped in prosciutto,baked sweet potatoes with Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head and fresh tomatoes from our garden with sea salt, pepper, evoo and a litle fresh basil also from the garden. Put the potatoes on first 375 indirect ( I usually do them direct) once they started to get soft I put on the tenderloin cooked to 165 wrapped in foil to rest for a few minutes as VOILA
·

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,322
    One man's simple is another man's complex.  Looks quite satisfying.  Good cook.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Wow that looks great!  Never thought about wrapping the tenderloin.  I am a 145F man myself, but I would definitely not refuse any of that.
    XL BGE
    ·
  •   I am a 145F man myself, but I would definitely not refuse any of that.

ya next time i will go a little lower but even at 165 it was tender and moist
    ·
  • BuckeyeBobBuckeyeBob Posts: 645
    edited August 2012
    That looks fantastic. Have to try it wrapped in the prosciutto. Great job.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • mcmacmcmac Posts: 483
    Looks awesome! Like the fresh veggies as well... nothing like fresh maters!
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
    ·