Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday's Wing Feast..... pics

smokesniffer
smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
We had a great time yesterday, had both eggs going for SIL's B-day. Did three types of wings:
1. Cassy"s Recipe, here on forum.   More wing love going your way Caz. When I was making the marinate, I had to keep tasting it, cause it was that good.
 Thank you for sharing!

2. Teriyaki:
1/2 cup of orange juice
1/4 cup of Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Ground Ginger
1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 teaspoon Coarse Salt
5 drops of Hot Pepper Sauce ( I used Franks Orginal)
1 clove of Garlic minced.

Marinate overnight

3. Jamaican Jerk
3 fresh Jalapeno Peppers, chopped
1 teaspoon Freshly ground Black Pepper
2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and crushed
2 teaspoons of All Spice
1 medium chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
2 tablespoons of White Vinegar
1 tablespoon Sugar
1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup water

Blend this up until smooth and the marinate for at least 2 hours. I did 24 hours.

I grilled the last two recipes indirect at 375 for about 40-45 minutes. Cassy's were done a little sooner and I just kept them warm. We all enjoyed the feed. 
 I had requests for another wing feast from the fam. so that makes it all worth while. 

On a side note, can anyone tell me how I can add a comment to each of the pictures?

Large, small, and a mini

Comments

• Kristinnn
    Kristinnn Posts: 133
    looks yummy.  pretty view
  • Nice pics, I friggin love wings, that is my familys most requested egg cook. I usually do hot wings or jerk wings, and I recently tried the Cazzy wings everyone is raving about. Hot wings still being the favorite. (Franks, butter, galic, Cajun seasoning, blue cheese) Is that a medium Bge? Or a small on the right. Me want new egg :)
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • smokesniffer
    Yep it is a small indeed. You deserve a new egg. B-)  What are the proportions to your hot wings recipe, if you don't mind sharing. I am a blue cheese lover big time.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Glad you enjoyed it.

@JerkChicken Travis will be the first to tell you tha my wings get much better the longer the merinade rests. It just keeps getting hotter and hotter. The sweet and spicy make them shine.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Oh...in regards to commenting on your pics. Get a photobucket account and upload some pics to it. Then, copy the direct link from your hosted pic and use the photo tool on the message bar.

It will paste the pic into the body of your message and you will then be able to comment below/above your pics.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    edited August 2012

Yep it is a small indeed. You deserve a new egg. B-)  What are the proportions to your hot wings recipe, if you don't mind sharing. I am a blue cheese lover big time.

My Hot Wings Recipe: 
    -About 30 whole wings separated 
    -garlic powder -Cajun seasoning 
    -onion powder 
    -1 and a half large bottles Frank's Red Hot 
    -butter 
    -honey 
    -cracked black pepper 
    -cooking oil 
    -Apple wood for smoke 

Season wings with your favorite cajun rub and a little garlic powder and onion powder. Add some dashes of Louisiana hot sauce, I like Frank's, and a couple teaspoons cooking oil. Set aside while you start the egg up. Fire up egg to 300-350, platesetter legs up/indirect. Add your preferred wood smoke. 

Toss on the wings and cook for 30-45 minutes, flip and cook another 30-45 minutes or until desired doneness careful to tend to outer wings cook faster . Meanwhile, simmer 1 large bottle of the Frank's sauce, a generous dash of garlic powder, onion powder, cracked black pepper. Add a chunk of butter (bout a quarter to half a stick) and add about 3 tablespoon of honey, or more to taste. More honey and butter makes a milder sauce. Adjust the ratio to your own preference. Let simmer. Now pull your wings off the egg and place in large bowl. 

Take your simmered sauce, poor half over the wings and toss aggressively, saving the remaining sauce.  Now, put the sauced wings BACK on the grill and continue cooking for another 10 minutes or until the coating becomes caramelized and kind of crispy. Pull the wings and toss them in the remaining sauce. 

Serve with chunky blue cheese dressing and a cold beer.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    edited August 2012
    Why won't the forum retain spacing in posts anymore? Is it just me? Annoying to try and read a recipe in paragraph form [-(

Edit: Ahh, figured it out... iPad or iPhone= no spacing. Macbook or Desktop= Space away....
  • smokesniffer
    Thanks JerkChicken, this is on my short list. ;)
    Large, small, and a mini