Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ party help (My birthday)

Options
Frachlitz
Frachlitz Posts: 17
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,

I need a litte help planing a BBQ party.
I have a BGE L and a Weber Q300 (gas).

I need to cook 2 x butt + 1 x brisket flat, chicken and ribs???

We are going to eat at 7pm on saturday (25/8).

The plan:
2 x butt on friday the 24/8 at 1pm - allow for 20 hours to cook, done around 12am.
Brisket flat on Saturday at around 1pm - alow for 5 hours cook, done around 6pm (http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1142632)
Then i am counting on 2 spatchcooked chickens the last hour.

I am cooking brisket at 275f (grate), this is to hot for ribs???

On the weber i am planing: ABTs (a good guide?), BBQ Beans, Burger patios.
Oven: Burger buns, sweet potatoes.
Fryer: Pommes!

Accessories:
Coleslaw
Mixed salad
Corn? (on the weber)
BBQ Sauces

Beer
Soda
Whiskey
Red Wine

What do you think? Something i need to adjust?

Frank
Griller from Denmark, Europe (BigGreenEgg Large, Weber Q300, Weber Gold 57cm)

Comments

• Smokin_Trout
    Options

I am not an expert! But I see the eating time, just no directions!

275 for ribs would be fine, I like to spray mine with apple juice and apple cider vinegar (50/50).

I would guess your butts will be done sooner than 20 hours- all depends on temp.

Good luck and Happy Birthday!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    Happy B'day-Overall plan looks like it will work just fine however, not knowing the size of your brisket flat, I would start that earlier in the day.  You can hold it for a few hours and better to be finished early than late.  Also you may want to recheck your math for the butts, 1 PM start and 20 hours will mean finished around 9 AM Sat.  Check out "turbo butt" as you can save quite a bit of time with that process.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.