Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Costco VS Sams Club

Options
davejames0426
davejames0426 Posts: 105
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have been a memeber of Sam's for some years now and buy BB ribs, brisket, pork butt their for the LBGE. I will be visiting Costco for the first time later this week, any meat suggestions from Costco? By the way I have not had much luck with steaks at Sam's - Costco any better? Thanks........
LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC

Comments

• Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    I find that clubs in my area vary, even the same clubs product quality varies from store to store. It really depends on the volume of customers and what they like to spend their cash on as to what will be most fresh.
  • ratcheer
    ratcheer Posts: 189
    Options
    At my store, the ribeye steaks and the thick cut boneless pork chops are excellent, but most of the meats I have gotten there have been very good.

Tim
  • smoke_monster
    Options
    Costco has great (thick) ribeyes, baby back ribs, and wild salmon (this one is new).

• Rubmyrock
    Rubmyrock Posts: 266
    Options
    I love Sam's club.. It's an egger's paradise.
  • chuff
    chuff Posts: 255
    Options
    Costco has a first rate meat dept. My only complaint is about their selection. My Costco carries only boneless pork butt because they say that's all their customers want. Beef rib roasts are also almost exclusively boneless, and they don't carry whole packer briskets. That is regional though, and it varies from place to place. Quality, however, is absolutely excellent. I would have to go to a specialty butcher and pay through the nose to get anything better. Their frozen salmon is also absolutely first quality and they sell center cut Nieman Ranch bacon in bulk quantities.
    XL BGE