Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Beef - 16 lbs!

ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,790
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
We'll, the clod started out at 16 lbs., anyway.  Ended up with about 7 lbs. of pulled beef.  Took 15 hours at 250 to reach about 210 internal meat temp.
It was really incredible! 

Packerland, Wisconsin

Comments

• Looks good
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,487
    Can't read the rub.  Did you use something for a binder?  Does beef pull straight through, or go through a stall?

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• PhiliciousPhilicious Posts: 316
    What cut of meat?  Looks great.
    Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,790
    edited August 2012
    Can't read the rub.  Did you use something for a binder?  Does beef pull straight through, or go through a stall?

I used worchestershire sauce and then a heavy dose of Texas BBQ Rub #2 for the prep.
    Yup, beef (shoulder) stalls just like pork butt does.

Packerland, Wisconsin

• ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,790
    edited August 2012
    What cut of meat?  Looks great.
    I believe when its in it whole form, it's called a beef clod.  I've seen it under many different names like chuck roast, chuck roll, pot roast.

When in doubt, you're best off asking the meat guy for "beef shoulder"

Packerland, Wisconsin