Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

EZ Meatloaf

SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Set the Egg up 400F dome indirect. Two packs of Costco ground turkey, a bag of goldfish crackers (cheddar, in this case), some diced onion, carrots, and celery, and whatever spices that you like. No egg, due to allergy. Mix in a large bowl by hand, mold into a fat disk with a concave center. Put it on a grilling pan and into the Egg it goes as shown below.  

Comments

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    About an hour and change later we're done at 145F internal, throw on some ketchup/mustard/brown sugar as glaze for about ten minutes and put it on the table. Had about 1/4 inch smoke ring from just lump, no wood was used. Had nice bark all over, enough to distinguish it from oven-made. 
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,865
    Why concave?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    It puffs up when it cooks, so when it was done it was flat or had a slight dome. The idea was to encourage the center to cook a little quicker, too.
  • OutcastOutcast Posts: 112
    Looks great Steve.  I've been wanting to try some Tabasco cheese its in place of breadcrumbs in mine.  You have inspired me sir.
  • lilwootylilwooty Posts: 214
    Looks good. Kind of like a meat bundt cake.

Living Large and XL