Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Clean Burn?

Options
Onegrecook
Onegrecook Posts: 121
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Does the inside of the egg turn white after a clean burn...or does it at least remove some of the black?

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    See my other post, just now.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Onegrecook
    Onegrecook Posts: 121
    Options
    Wow...big difference. Thank you!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Don't forget to throw in grid, woo, whatever else that needs cleaning.  After it cools back down enough to open it, and you're ready to quit, put you daisy wheel in, spray it with PAM, and then put the ceramic cap on.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• krobertsmsn
    Options
    What is the reason for the pam and is the alcohol in the pam gonna be a prob doc? I know regular pans turn gummy with pam on them.
    LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
    Rome, GA
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Cooking oil would work as well, PAM is just easy to apply.  The heat and oil season just like a cast iron pan.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Does the inside of the egg turn white after a clean burn...or does it at least remove some of the black?

And the other thing to be aware of is that your gasket (if you a. have one and b.  it's the OEM one) will likely be toast after the burn.  Regardless, gasket failure is only a matter of time.  But I don't subscribe to the clean burn as it will be back in about the same state in a couple of uses anyhow.  But just an opinion and we all know what those are worth:)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.